- 1 Bag Fresh spinach
- 2 apricots or nectarines
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Balsamic vinaigrette see below for recipe
Balsamic Dressing from The Food Network:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar optional*
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Beat the vinegar in a bowl with the optional sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until sugar and salt dissolves. Then beat in the oil by droplets, whisking constantly. (Or place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine.) Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Toss a few tablespoons of the dressing with the salad mix and desired salad ingredients, top with blue cheese and serve immediately.
- If not using dressing right away, cover and refrigerate, whisking or shaking again before use.
- *If using a good quality balsamic vinegar you should not need the sugar, but if using a lesser quality you might want the sugar to round out the dressing.