- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- Fill a pot with water and eggs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- When the eggs are cool enough to handle, remove the shells.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a large bowl.
- Arrange the whites cut-side up on a serving platter.
- In the large bowl mix in the mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, mustard, salt, pepper and avocado. Process with an immersion blender until well blended and smooth, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag.
- With scissors, snip off a bottom corner from the bag.
- Using the bag like a pastry bag, pipe the mixture into the egg whites.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill.