- 1 pound zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- Chop the zucchini and red pepper into chunks about 1 inch in size.
- Sauté in oil over med-high heat until tender.
- In a dry medium saucepan toast cumin seeds over moderately low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth, garlic and water and bring to a boil.
- Add couscous and immediately cover pan.
- Remove pan from heat and let couscous stand 5 minutes.
- With a fork fluff couscous and in a bowl toss with vegetables and salt to taste.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes.