- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 table spoon maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large beets roasted, peeled and cut
- 1 pound oranges peeled and segmented
- 1 bag arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1 ounce
- 1. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the orange juice, sherry or red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, and oils. Taste and adjust the acidity, adding a little more vinegar or orange juice if desired.
- 2. Toss the beets with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Toss the arugula with 3 tablespoons of the remaining dressing and arrange on a platter or in a wide bowl. Arrange the beets and oranges on top of the arugula in an alternating pattern and drizzle on the remaining dressing. Top with the basil and walnuts, and serve.