- 1 bunch Beets
- large pot with lid
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 1 tbsp mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash beets, trim ends and slice in half.
- Bring to a boil then simmer covered for about 30 minutes until tender (use fork to check tenderness, should be able to glide in and out of cooked beet easily).
- Drain beets (or retain water and use to make "pink pasta") and let cool.
- While cooling, prepare dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Peel skin from beets, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss with vinaigrette.
- Let stand then serve
- Serve alone or atop the baby romaine with goat cheese sprinkled on top.