- 1 1/2 cup quinoa or brown rice or your grain of choice
- 3 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
Sauce ( or substitute teriyaki sauce)
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch kale stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil divided
- 1 ripe avocado
- Sea salt to taste
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup protein of choice: cooked chicken breast tempeh, tofu, pinto beans,chickpeas, edamame...
- also great to use carrots, sweet potatoes, cabbage, zucchini etc!
- In a medium saucepan bring all the "grains" ingredients to a boil then cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- 10 minutes into the grain cooking, start cooking the veggies. In a medium saucepan with 1" water, steam broccoli for 5 minutes, then add kale and steam additional 4-6 minutes until all veggies are well cooked. Then Drain
- Make Miso sauce by mixing all the "Sauce" ingredients together. If you don't have miso paste or you want to save a couple minutes, teriyaki sauce is a great substitute in this recipe! or a store-bought miso-ginger salad dressing
- Separate cooked grains, protein and veggies into 4 bowls. Top with sauce and sesame seeds. Stir and enjoy!