- 1 butternut peeled, deseeded, chopped
- 2 sweet apples- cored/chopped apples
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 qt veggie broth
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- a couple stalks of green onions
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, deseed, and chop 1 butternut. I like to use a grapefruit spoon to make it easy to scrape out the seeds.
- Combine squash in slow cooker with apples, celery, 1 qt veggie broth and a couple stalks of green onions and whole garlic cloves. Add the juice of one orange and add any additional water to make sure the liquid is just above the veggies.
- Seasonwith salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 hours then purée. Mmmm