- 1 small butternut squash peeled, de-seeded, diced
- 16 oz. crushed tomatoes or tomato puree
- 16 oz water
- 5 carrots
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 jalepeno
- 1 pound protein: Beyond Meat crumble or ground turkey + 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce* or 1 can pinto+1 can black beans drained
- 1 TBS Trader Joes or other Taco Seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp sea salt
- Chop onions and saute in oil over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until translucent. While onions are cooking, chop carrots and dice butternut squash into cubes around 1" wide or smaller.
- Once the onions are mostly cooked, add the ground turkey.
- When I first add the turkey to the pot I drizzle the Worcestershire sauce on top along with plenty of salt and pepper to help season the turkey. Use spatula to stir. Cook and Stir for about 6 minutes until the turkey is crumbled and the pink is gone. [if you are using beans, skip this step and add the cans of drained beans once the pot is down to a simmer]
- While the turkey is cooking mince the Jalepeno ( I removed most of the seeds, just depends on your preference of heat).
- Add the jalepeno, carrots, butternut to pot and stir.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until all the veggies are cooked.
- Serve warm with shredded cheese and cornbread!