This healthy dish is great for breakfast or an afterschool snack. Filling and nutritious and a great way to use all those beautiful apples and carrots the wintertime provides 😉
- 2 fuji apples shredded
- 2-3 carrots shredded
- 1 tsp honey or coconut flakes optional
- 3 TBS sunflower seed or peanut or almond butter
- 2 sliced whole grain toast
- Shred apples (with skin) and carrots on a grater. Mix well and add honey if desired.
- Lightly toast two slices of bread.
- Spread nutbutter on bread and then top with apple-carrot mix.