- 2 carrots peeled and grated (fine)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Dash ground nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
- small Pinch fine sea salt
- Optional : 1 TBS peanut or sunflower seed butter and or maple syrup
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Chopped persimmons or apples
- Maple syrup
- Finely shred carrots on a grater.
- Place carrots, oats, and water into a small pan. Bring to a quick boil then simmer.
- Season with nutmeg, cinnamon, sea salt. Continue to simmer until water has been absorbed and oats are fully cooked.
- Add a scoop of sunflower seed butter and optional maple syrup and stir well.
- Serve warm topped with your favorite toppings.