This warming chili is perfect for a cold day. When you chop cauliflower into teeny tiny pieces it mimics the texture of ground meat really well! You can use it in addition to or in place of any meat you'd normally put in a chili. My husband ate 2 servings and didn't even know there was cauliflower in it until I told him, so this is a great recipe for picky veggie eaters!
- 1 head cauliflower riced (cut into tiny pieces)
- 32 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup of mushrooms chopped small
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 jalepeno
- 1 pound protein: Beyond Meat crumble or ground turkey +2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBS Trader Joes or other Taco Seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp sea salt
- Chop onions and saute in oil over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until translucent. While onions are cooking, chop mushrooms, peppers, and cauliflower.
- Once the onions are mostly cooked, add the ground turkey or beyond beef crumbles.
- Use spatula to stir. Cook and Stir for about 6 minutes until the turkey is crumbled and the pink is gone.
- While the turkey is cooking mince the Jalepeno ( I removed most of the seeds, just depends on your preference of heat).
- Add the jalepeno, rest of the veggies and stir.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer for about 1 hour or until all the veggies are cooked.
- Serve warm with shredded cheese and cornbread!