When your farm delivery box arrives with a head of broccoli, you can’t beat this yummy cheesy dish the whole family will love.
- 1 cup quinoa well rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 cups broccoli chopped fine*
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- * you can also substitute cauliflower romanesco, or any dark leafy greens in this recipe
- Bring the quinoa, broth and broccoli to a boil over medium heat, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the broth has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender,about 13-17 minutes.
- Mix in the cheese, let it melt and season with salt and pepper. For a vegan alternative, check out this awesome cheese sauce recipe
- inspired by www.closetcooking.com/2012/11/cheesy-broccoli-quinoa.html