- 2 jars small tomatillo salsa
- 2-4 poblano peppers
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 ribs of celery sliced
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 1 package chicken thighs
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings: 1 avocado 1 handful cilantro,Lime juice
- Chop onions, celery, and peppers saute in oil over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until translucent. While onions are cooking, chop cilantro and set aside.
- Once the onions are mostly cooked, add the chicken in full pieces . Season with the cumin and garlic powder. Use spatula to stir. Add the jalepeno and garlic. Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to simmer. Simmer for about 40 minutes or until all the veggies and chicken are cooked.
- Use a strainer to remove chicken and set aside. Use a large measuring cup to take out 2-3 cups of the stew. Then using an immersion blender puree the pot stew.
- Return the reserved cups, plus the chicken (shredded). Stir and taste. add more salt/
- Serve warm with shredded cilantro and squeeze 1/4 of a lime into each bowl
- Top with Cubed avocado
alternatively you can add all ingredients into a slowercooker, instapot or vitaclay cooker