- 2 Tangerines peeled and segmented
- 3 cups shredded cabbage or sub lettuce/spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrot optional
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked chicken or seitan
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1 tablespoon toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles for garnish
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar or agave
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper optional
- 4 Tbs Fresh squeezed orange or tangerine juice
- Toss the first four salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, adjust to taste, then pour over salad.
- Toss salad with dressing then garnish with noodles, nuts and sesame seeds and serve.