- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro to taste about 1/2 cup loosely packed
- 1 pad of butter
- 2-3 tsps olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic finely minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- Add rice, salt and water to a rice cooker and cook. You can likewise do this in a pot.
- Add the pad of butter to the hot rice...mixing and fluffing with a fork. In a blender, food processor, or by hand blend/chop cilantro with the grated garlic and oil until finely minced. If doing this in a food processor, you might need to stop and clean the sides a few times.
- Add to fluffed up rice.
- Mix to evenly incorporate.
- Add lemon juice and mix to combine.