- 1 bunch of collard greens [or chard or kale] washed, with center rib removed and chopped into 1 1/2 inch strips
- 3-4 cloves of garlic peeled and minced or pressed
- 2 to matoes diced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can of white beans rinsed
- Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan until hot then add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30-60 seconds or until it begins to brown slightly.
- Add greens to the pan and cook, stirring, until they start to turn a more vibrant green and become softer. ( I like to taste a piece and once it’s easy to chew then I move on to #3)
- Add diced tomatoes and continue to stir and cook until all the greens and tomatoes have cooked down
- Add the beans and salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until the beans are mixed in and warm and it is seasoned just right.
- Serve warm.
- Excellent paired with rice!