- Kosher salt
- 1 cup orzo
- 4 tablespoons finely sliced washed leek white and light green part only
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ears corn top half of kernels cut from cobs and cobs scraped for milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- Bring a medium pot of boiling water to a boil over medium heat. Season the water with salt, then add the orzo, and cook to al dente. Drain, reserving the cooking water.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until emulsified.
- In a skillet, over low heat, melt the butter and add the leeks. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add the corn and scraped milk from all 4 cobs. Cook for 1 minute and add about 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water. Bring to a simmer and cook until thick and reduced, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more pasta cooking water if gets too dry.
- Add the orzo and toss to combine. Season with salt, to taste. Transfer the corn and orzo to a serving bowl, garnish with herbs and serve immediately.