- 1 whole bunch of celery, chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can of white beans, drained
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 Qt of veggie stock + water to cover
- optional: 1 handful of spinach for color
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat then add chopped onion and saute, stirring frequently.
- While onion is cooking, rinse and chop celery into 1/2" pieces (inner parts too) and add to pot. Continue stirring and cook for approximately 6 minutes til onions are golden.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop potatoes into 1" or so pieces and chop garlic into small pieces.
- Add garlic and potatoes to pot, then pour 1 container of veggie stock. If the liquid doesn't cover the veggies, add water until the liquid is 1/4" above the veggies.
- Add Bay leaves and cover.Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 12 minutes. Add white beans.
- Return cover and simmer for appx 5 min or until potatoes and celery are tender.
- Remove bay leaves.Add 1 handful of spinach,and salt and pepper and use an immersion blender make the soup nice and smooth.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve warm