- 6 carrots about 1 pound, well scrubbed but not peeled
- 2 tsp. olive or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Set the oven to 400°F.
- Put the carrots on the cutting board cut them in thirds. Cut the thinnest end into 2 spears.
- Cut the two thicker parts into 4 spears each so that you get 10 carrot spears from each carrot.
- Put the spears on the baking sheet, add the oil and salt and rub the oil and salt on the carrot pieces until they're all lightly coated with oil.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the carrots are tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve right away.