- 2-4 large poblano peppers
- 1/4 c. packed cilantro leaves plus more for garnish
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn broiler to high. Place peppers on baking sheet and broil, turning occasionally with tongs, until blackened on all sides. Transfer chilis to a heat-proof bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let peppers steam for 10 minutes, then remove plastic wrap and peel skins off peppers. Remove stems and seeds and roughly chop peppers.
- Combine peppers, cilantro, onion, and garlic into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Then add butter and cream cheese.
- Meanwhile, make spaghetti: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water then drain.
- Mix sauce into cooked pasta, drizzling with reserved pasta water as needed. Adjust to taste with salt and pepper.