- 1 head fennel- shaved
- 2 apples- halved seeds removed, and sliced
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- Baby spinach
- Parsley for garnish
for the dressing:
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- dash of sea salt
- Using a mandolin, carefully slice fennel bulb.
- Slice apple halves thinly then submerge in a bowl of water while finishing salad so they don't turn brown.
- Mix dressing ingredients together and adjust to taste.
- In a large bowl mix sliced fennel, apple slices (drained), spinach, and nuts. Toss with dressing and garnish with parsley.