Delicious pesto to use those beautiful and nutritious greens
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 3 cups loosely packed fennel fronds (and optional other greens like parsley, carrot tops, or spinach)
- 1 lemon- juiced (seeds removed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- optional 3 TBS parmesean cheese
- Start by processing just the garlic so it gets finely chopped.
- Add the walnuts, fennel fronds, lemon juice, garlic and salt to the food processor.
- Add in 1/2 of the olive oil and blend. Give it a taste and see if you like the thickness. Add 1 Tbs of olive oil or water or lemon juice at a time to thin it out to desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste.