- 24 new potatoes quartered
- 1 tbsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1.5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper plus more to taste
- 3 TBS chopped fresh herbs: parsley cilantro, chives, dill etc.
- Chop potatoes into quarters.
- Place potatoes into a large pot of salted water.
- Bring the water and potatoes to a boil. Add 1 tbsp kosher salt, then reduce heat to medium-high. Boil until the potatoes are tender and can be easily pierced with the tip of a knife, 8-10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the vinaigrette. Combine the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and minced garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk.
- Drain the potatoes, shake to release as much water as possible, then place the potatoes back into the hot pot. The heat from the pot will help any residual water dissolve.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the potatoes. Taste for seasoning and add additional salt or pepper as needed. Marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour, and up to 4. Once cooler, add the herbs and toss again. Serve at room temperature.