This simple recipe is straight from the farmer. I love delicata because it is so quick to cook compared to most winter squash, and it’s got a lovely flavor AND you can eat the skin too!! No need to peel.
- 2-3 delicata squash halved, seeded
- appx 3 TBS olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425. Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Slice into 1/2" slices and lay out on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil and sea salt and pepper on top.
- Roast for about 15 minutes on one side, flip, and 10 minutes on the other.
- Done when it changes to a golden color.
- The skin is edible.