- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the green beans in a large baking dish with the oil and shallots and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until just cooked through and golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Combine the hazelnuts, zest, and parsley in a small bowl.
- Transfer green beans to a platter and sprinkle with the hazelnut mixture.