- 1 medium kabocha squash
- 2 olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F with the rack in the middle.
- Like all winter squash, kabocha takes a sharp knife to cut.
- Cut In half.
- Scoop out the seeds and cut the squash into thin wedges. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the squash in a single layer on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven.
- Roast the squash for 30 minutes, flipping them over at the midpoint. You may want to add 5-15 minutes depending on your oven.
- You'll know they're done when they're golden around the edges and are completely fork-tender