- 1 pumpkin
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbsp curry spice alternatively, you can use pumpkin pie spice blend ... clove, nutmeg, allspice etc
- generous amount of sea salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400. Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut the pumpkin in half. Remove seeds and set aside for this Toasted pumpkin seed recipe.
- Slice off the stem and then slice pumpkin into thin strips. Use a heavy knife and a strong arm to do this.
- Toss with a generous amount of olive oil and sea salt. Then arrange on 2 cookie sheets in a single layer. Sprinkle curry powder and brown sugar on top.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Then flip and roast for about 10 more minutes until tender. They actually cook quicker than you might think. Serve warm (although leftover sliced roasted pumpkin is great cold in salads or you can puree into hummus). Photo from steamykitchen.com