This is my monthly meal prep favorite. Lentil soup is hardy and filling, full of protein and vegetables, and stays well refrigerated or frozen for a meal that takes just minutes to reheat and serve.
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- 4 carrots
- A mix of whatever vegetables you have handy! I prefer 2 zucchini + Cauliflower yams, squash, broccoli, potatoes, parsnips...
- 3 cloves garlic whole
- 1 bag of Trader Joes red lentils 1 pound
- 1 liter Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbs Curry powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Filtered Water
- Rinse and chop all veggies into small/medium pieces around the same size.
- Layer celery on the bottom, then carrots and the rest of the veggies, then add spices and lentils.
- Pour the broth on top, and then add water to cover the lentils with at least 1/2 "= 1" water
- Cook on Low for 7 hours
- Add salt when serving