1. Organic Apricots Are Bursting at the Skin with Benefits
Not only are apricots delicious, but they are packed with tons of vitamins and phytonutrients, like Vitamin A , which is essential for immune health, healthy skin and good vision.
2. Apricots Taste like a Shower of Sunshine
Apricots are small, golden orange fruits, with velvety skin and flesh, not too juicy, but definitely smooth and sweet. Some describe their flavor as almost musky, with a faint tartness that lies somewhere between a peach and a plum.
In fact, being that they’re stone fruits, apricots are closely related to peaches, almonds, plums, and cherries.
3. Apricot Season is the Beginning of Summer! (Always around June)
Hello summer sun! Apricot season always aligns with the beginning of summertime, such a bright point of the year, literally and figuratively.
Organic Apricot season is short, so don’t miss out on their delectable, yellow-orange, goodness. We definitely won’t see them much longer! Get extras here
4. Apricots Are So Versatile & Can Be Eaten in so Many Ways
#1= eat fresh, out of hand
Make apricot jam or preserve them by drying.
- Enjoy an apricot cobbler or crisp.
- Poach apricot halves with fresh vanilla bean.
- Bake a tart with apricot and pistachio.
- Combine fresh apricot jam with red pepper flakes for a spicy-sweet sauce over chicken.
How to Ripen and Store Apricots and our favorite recipe below~
Leave on counter until perfectly soft, in about 2-3 days usually. Keeping them in the fridge will certainly help them last longer, but if they’re not fully ripe, you’ll want to leave them out until they’re soft, since the flavor is much much sweeter when they’re fully ripe.
- 1 container spreadable goat cheese
- 3 ripe apricots sliced (or sub apricot jam)
- Handful of pistachios chopped
- 1 small baguette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice bread and place directly on oven rack. Bake for about 4-5 minutes or until bread is crisp and slightly browned on edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add goat cheese to a small bowl and whisk until fully whipped and fluffy.
- Assemble crostini by slathering goat cheese on bread, then sliced apricot and top with chopped pistachios.
Photo by SDKphoto.com