- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce+ 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices or sub seitan for veggie version
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts or chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 carrots shredded
- 1/2 cucumber shredded
- 18 leaves from lettuce washed
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped rough
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts crushed, for sprinkling on top
For dipping sauce:
- In a small bowl add warm water to peanut butter and stir to combine. Mix in soy sauce, unseasoned rice vinegar, fresh lime juice, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix soy sauce, mirin, and sake in small bowl to blend; set stir-fry sauce aside.
- Place chicken slices in medium bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add cornstarch and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil in large deep nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken slices and sauté until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken slices to bowl. Add stir-fry sauce and toss to coat. Season stir-fry mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to strainer set over bowl to drain.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter. I like to double them up so they are sturdier.
- Divide stir-fry mixture among leaves. Add veggies to each wrap, then drizzle peanut sauce and crushed peanuts on top.