- 1 lb. tomatillos husks removed
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion peeled and quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper remove the seeds and membranes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Soak the tomatillos in water so husks come off easier. Cut tomatillos in half, quarter onions, and smash garlic (you can leave the skins on or peel them–it’s up to you).
- Spread vegetables on a large foil-lined baking sheet, spritz with extra virgin olive oil
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender/ beginning to char.
- When veggies are cool, transfer them to your blender or food processor jar
- Add fresh lime juice, salt, and pepper and pulse it until it’s as smooth (or not) as you want
- After blended, transfer salsa to serving dish, and stir in chopped cilantro and chopped onions. recipe from ourbestbites.com