- 2 medium carnival squash
- Salt to taste
- 1 ⁄2 cup oranges peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 ⁄2 cup tangerines peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 large cooking apple diced
- 1 ⁄2 cup pineapple chunks or grapefruit sections
- 1 ⁄2 stick margarine
- 1 ⁄4 cup honey
- 1 ⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Toasted cashews, almonds or walnuts.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Lace squash in a baking dish.
- Combine fruit and fill each squash with mixture.
- Combine margarine, honey and brown sugar in saucepan; heat until butter and sugar melt.
- Dribble sauce over fruit in each squash.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degree for 30 minutes, reduce oven to 350 degrees and continue baking until squash is tender, about 30 minutes.