I love this recipe! It's easy and makes a great breakfast, or dinner, and is great make-ahead meal. If you have any other leafy greens or broccoli you want to use, you can add them too!In addition to leafy greens and broccoli, zucchini and tomatoes are great additions to this dish, though you might have to cook it longer with veggies like these that have a higher water content. My favorite cheese to use are guyere or crumbled goat cheese, though any cheese can work.
- 13 eggs whisked together
- 1/2 cup of shredded or crumbled cheese
- 1 bunch of kale or chard de-stemmed and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of broccoli chopped into florets or chopped zucchini or bell peppers or tomatoes
- optional: 1 green garlic or leek sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 dash of garlic powder
- casserole dish= 7x11 or similar
- Preheat oven to 350 and use the butter to grease the 12" casserole dish or pie tin.
- De-stem kale and chop into fine strips less than 1/4" wide. Chop broccoli or other veggies into small pieces.
- Fill casserole dish with veggies.
- Spinkle cheese ( optional) on top
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour your whisked eggs on top , moving the bowl as you pour to try to cover the dish evenly.
- The eggs should cover all the goodies below, or if not add more eggs.
- Cook for approximately 35 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
- This might take 5-15 minutes longer depending on the size of your dish and moisture content of the veggies, just make sure the eggs have set.
- Serve warm.