I love this recipe! It's easy and makes a great breakfast, or dinner, and is great make-ahead meal. If you have any other leafy greens or broccoli you want to use, you can add them too!
- 2 cups of bread cut into small cubes and toasted or dried
- 12 eggs whisked together
- 1/2 cup of shredded or crumbled cheese
- 1 bunch of kale or chard de-stemmed and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of broccoli chopped into florets or chopped zucchini or bell peppers or tomatoes
- optional: 1 green garlic or leek sliced
- Salt and pepper
- casserole dish= 7x11 or similar
- Preheat oven to 350 and use half the butter to grease you the 12" casserole dish or pie tin.
- Cut bread into cubes and toast for 5 minutes in oven.
- De-stem kale and slice into fine strips less than 1/4" wide.
- Cut green tops and roots off of garlic. Slice white part in half lengthwise then in small strips.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- To prepare casserole, layer the bread on the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Then cover with veggies and sprinkle cheese evenly over this layer.
- Then pour your whisked eggs on top.
- The eggs should cover all the goodies below, or if not add more eggs.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
- This might take 5-15 minutes longer depending on the size of your dish, just make sure the eggs have set.
- Serve warm.