Cherimoyas, also known as custard apples, are a specialty fruit renowned for their piña colada flavor and their abundance of health-promoting properties.
They are not so straightforward to eat to here are some tips:
- Wait until they’re soft enough to have a gentle give when you squeeze
- Cut in half, then use a fork to push out as many seeds as you can. Then use a spoon to eat the white flesh
- Alternatively you can just tear them into large pieces to eat the white part and spit out the seeds
- Be sure to not eat the hard seeds
- Enjoy the tropical flavor of this California winter fruit!!
You can eat them plain or check out this recipe!