This comforting curry is filled with warming spices, winter veggies, and utilizes the entire turnip!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 TBS curry powder
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 1 bunch turnips roots cut into cubes + coarsely chopped greens
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- optional: 1 1/2 tbs coconut sugar or maple syrup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over and cook the chopped onion, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and curry power & stir for 30 seconds
- Add the carrots, cauliflower, and turnips and stir for another minute.
- Add 2 cans of coconut milk and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the turnip greens in handfuls if necessary, allowing each to wilt.
- Optional: Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons of sweetener to really bring the flavors out.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve over rice.