When your box of vegetables or summer garden gives you plenty of zucchini, this summer squash dish is a tasty, easy and filling hit for dinner!
- 1 zucchini shredded
- 1 pound of ground turkey or impossible burger meat
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 " ginger minced
- 1/4 cup chives or green onions
- Preheat oven to 375
- Shred zucchini and set aside
- in a large bowl place protein, then sprinkle with soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce and salt; fold to combine.
- Drain any excess liquid from shredded zucchini. Layer on top of protein, and then add remaining ingredients. Fold and stir and mix well.
- Have a cookie sheet prepared with silpat mat or foil.
- Using a teaspoon scoop out a small portion and roll into a ball and set on cookie sheet. This recipe makes appx 24-30 small meatballs.
- Place cookie sheet in oven, set timer for 18.
- Take out and flip and cook for 15 minutes or until you're sure they're full cooked and there's no pink in the middle.
- Serve with zucchini noodles, rice, pasta, etc.